COMPLETED: Chief Technology Officer, NextLaw Labs
Thank you for your interest. This position has been filled by Huntbridge, and applications are now closed for this position. Please visit our current search page for other positions.
In the changing legal landscape, clients demand more transparent, timely, and affordable legal solutions. NextLaw Labs develops and deploys new technologies to improve client service and technological solutions. NextLaw Labs is an autonomous, wholly-owned company of the global law firm Dentons, with 125 locations in 50 countries.
NextLaw Labs seeks complementary and strategic partnerships with leading technology companies, start-ups, business accelerators, and established legal services.
NextLaw Labs needs an exceptional Chief Technology Officer (CTO) with a fun, entrepreneurial spirit ready for the challenge of a start-up.
The CTO, in partnership with the CEO and the team, is responsible for establishing the company’s technical vision, developing the product roadmap and leading all aspects of technology development for this growing and evolving organization. The CTO plays an integral role in evaluating technical acquisition opportunities, setting the company’s strategic direction and positioning the company as the leader in the legal industry of the future. This growth opportunity involves collaborating with seasoned start-up veterans while working closely with the world’s largest law firm.
Location is flexible. The CTO can work anywhere in the world. Preferred locations include San Francisco, New York, Washington, DC, Austin, Denver, and London.
Compensation is competitive with a strong equity stake and comprehensive benefits package. This is a start-up opportunity to grow wealth with company success.
- A proven technological innovator who can envision the future. Can build new products or services from inception, predict future marketplace demands, or solve old problems in innovative ways.
- Experience within the legal field and familiar with the current landscape of legal technology is a plus. Clearly envisions, models, and pitches new technologies and processes to transform the practice of law around the world.
- Leader with successful digital M&A activities, including targeting, valuation, due diligence and integration.
- Possesses the executive presence, deep technical expertise, and broad-based business acumen to partner with the CEO to represent NextLaw Labs withDentons and venture capital firms.
- Builds long-term relationships with key stakeholders in the larger technology and legal communities. Can establish NextLaw Labs as the preferred and trusted partner with all key constituents.
- Conceives and develops web-based services that meet consumer needs and solve complex business problems. Has a deep understanding of coding including but not limited to PHP, .Net, C++, iOS, Android and cloud-based systems, as well as architecture and database solutions and has a knack for simplifying data, processes, and technological user interfaces.
- Loves the fast-paced, autonomous, dynamic and challenging work environment of a startup.
- Willing to work on any task that accelerates innovation, growth, and client satisfaction. A utility player who inspires others with confidence, leadership, and vision gained from past success.